Maximum Impact – Reaching Black Boys – A Manhood Bootcamp
Date(s): Sat, Feb 10, 2018 — Sat, Feb 24, 2018
Time: 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
The Life Center Bowie
13604 Old Annapolis Road
Bowie, MD 20720
Maximum Impact is a three-week personal development program that confronts the many issues our youth and young adults face on a daily basis.
Many high school aged black boys face unique cultural, family, emotional and economic challenges. Oftentimes, these issues are overlooked and are not addressed. As a result, these boys enter adulthood without the tools they need for becoming successful men. These deficiencies will threaten this generation if not addressed properly.
- Vision — Who Will You Become As A Man?
- God’s Plan vs. Your Plan
- Influences — Cultural Conditioning
- Black Boy Strategies — How To Position Yourself For A Life Of Success
- You’re Not A Victim! You’re A Victor
- Street Smarts For The Boardroom
- Life’s Landmines — How To Navigate Them
- The Social Media Trick Bag
- Chasing Vapors — Money Vs. Character
- Dealing With Parent Issues
- The Buck Stops Here — Breaking Negative Generational Influences
- Man Up — Thinking and Acting Like A Man
- Self Control! — Emotions, Girls and More
- #BOSS Money — How To Be Financially Independent Without Becoming An Athlete Or Entertainer
- All participants must register in advance and be accepted into the program.
- Each session is limited to 35 young men between the ages of 14 to 18.
- Participants will be given weekly manhood assignments.
- Attendance is critical in order to gain the most from the program.
- Your high schooler should have a desire to want to improve his life by participating in this program. This is not a program for someone who is not interested in improving.
- Parents/Guardian will be required to view an online orientation before their child can participate in the program.
- There is currently no fee for these sessions. Participants will be required to pay for fees associated with any trips or special activities should they be scheduled.
- All electronic devices must be turned OFF during the sessions.
- Disrespectful or inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated under any circumstances.
Register today! Space is limited!